Exemplory case of comparison essay the theory is that of literature: the difference between classicism and sentimentalism
Literature is a special kind of art that helps to comprehend the present-day history also to know the way the primary tendencies of social development in the past were created.
Write about formation of designs at the start of essay
The looks of classicism, which developed in Western European culture during the end of the seventeenth century, determined the ideological content of literary works, the strict system of poetic rules as well as the concepts of plot construction, reflecting the thought of orderliness and perfection associated with the universe, nature and culture.
The “sensitive” literature of sentimentalism that emerged within the second half regarding the eighteenth century was meant to teach and educate on examples and images that cause empathy, which awakens high feelings, guided by the indisputable fact that all evil can be overcome.
In our literary works as much as the start of the XIX century, classicism and sentimentalism developed, complementing one another and pursuing exactly the same goal: in order to make society perfect, by affirming the logical principles of morality therefore the rules of human behavior. Approaches to achieve this goal within the philosophy of classicism had been understood to be the assertion regarding the supremacy of order, form, hierarchy and had been centered on an obvious division of creative styles and genres. The theorists of classicism paid unique attention to drama and poetry. Epic poems and tragedies when the basis regarding the plot happens to be important historic occasions, and actors – the gods and strongest for this world, demanded a lofty poetic composition, ruled spatial turns. These people were related to the “high” genre.
The spoken language and stylistically lowered images could simply be present in satires, fables and comedies, which fixed this quality essay is of “low” genres. Obligatory observance of this unity of the time, place, action and rules of constructing tragedy and drama with visibility, zygote, growth of action, culmination and resolution limited the likelihood of stage-based discovery of images, but emphasized the inviolability of order, the text of cause and impact, clarity expression associated with the main concept of the job. Sentimentalism allowed more freely to utilize the method of artistic expression. Attention to household details, a description of psychological experiences, the image associated with the inner world of man along with his closeness to nature demanded and new literary forms. The epistolary genre, sentimental novel, travel notes can be found in the literature. The introduction of sentimentalism greatly expanded the number of choices of artistic prose and made it more democratic: the eye of both article writers and readers was the fate of a regular person, clear, close, causing interest and compassion.
In summary of essay give brief comparison of styles
Thus, the essential difference between classicism and sentimentalism can be as follows:
- The subject of the image when you look at the works of classicism are very important, significant activities that determine the fate of somebody who is obliged to obey the established order while the determined span of events.
- Into the center of attention of article writers – sentimentalists – the inner world of heroes, capable of deeply feel and experience.
- Classicism is a literary trend where the basis associated with the artistic method may be the division of works into “high”, “medium” and “low” genres.
- Sentimentalism doesn’t have such a division, because its task is always to teach the senses, using an array of visual method for this purpose.
- The primary genres of classicism are the epic poem, tragedy, ode, drama, heroic story, comedy, satire and fable.
- Genres attribute of sentimentalism are a definite novel, letters, diaries, travel records.
- Classicalism argued educational a few ideas based on the subordination of personal feelings of debt to society.
- Representatives of sentimentalism considered the inner realm of heroes as a harmonious whole.
- They thought that educating an individual, you are able to enhance the whole society.